- Brands can be highly influential on people’s decision-making (Design Council, 2014)
- 82% of brand designers are among the most satisfied designers (AIGA x Google Design Census, 2016)
- Design is increasingly seen as fundamental for brand value (Forrester Consulting 2016)
- 85% of design-led companies list design as a critical component of brand (Interbrand, 2017)
- Consumer’s voice on brand experience is much public now then it was a few years ago (Design Council 2013)
- Designers are not only optimising for CX but are simultaneously optimising for non-human experience [about SEO and hidden navigation] (John Maeda x DIT Report 2017)
Aims and Scope
The aim of this new design-led conference is to establish a new forum for brand research and discussion, putting Design (both as a process and a humanist approach) at its core as one of the most relevant disciplines of branding itself. It is expected that inter and transdisciplinary aspects of design-led branding methods, approaches and experiences can be discussed.
The conference seeks mainly to focus on the vital and underrepresented role of Design theories and practices in Branding, unveiling Design’s potential to create brands and the wider impact of Design in Branding.
It will address the role of Design in brand-oriented innovation processes, the emerging forms of brand design practice, and the possible links between design researchers and practitioners to learn from each other, creating better opportunities for emerging designers.
Ultimately, being the 1st Brand Design Conference, this event aims at establishing an annual international forum for the discussion and exchange of brand strategies and creativity techniques/methodologies/applications.
Who Should Attend?
With Design being an omnipresent discipline, a default human condition, and a conscious instrument in the development of a brand (a promise of functional or experiential quality), potentially every subject field will benefit. This conference will welcome:
- Researchers and Academics
- Designers, Brand Managers, Planners, and Business leaders
- Students (students in the areas of branding and design studies, advertising and media studies and rhetorical domains, visual culture and technology-mediated communication fields).
Venue & Location
The UWL campus is situated in a friendly and suburban part of London that is within walking distance of bars and clubs, parks, restaurants and Ealing Broadway Shopping Centre.
Confirmed social/cultural activities
21 Sept – Tour at the Museum of Brands & Conference Dinner
22 Sept – Tour to the Beazley Designs of the Year, at the Design Museum